Position Summary: Effectively sources leasing prospects and builds/maintains positive relationships with current tenants in order to achieve sales/leasing goals
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Creatively maximizes sales and prospecting opportunities to achieve/exceed revenue goals; continually searches for new revenue streams; leads by example
· Works effectively with VP of SG Leasing to support and mentor leasing team; is considered a competent and responsible resource within the department when acting on behalf of the VP of SG Leasing
· Nurtures and maintains positive relationships with exhibitors and prospects to support and promote loyalty to DMC; maximizes relationships to increase exhibitor retention
· Creatively maximizes budgetary resources; works within budget constraints
· Maintains knowledge and expertise of assigned industry and its trends; works diligently to secure the “best of the best” exhibitors and products for markets
· Other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
· 5-7 years of professional sales experience; previous leasing and/or industry experience preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during markets.
· Ability to travel as necessary/required
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· External Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions, and practices.
· Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
· Management Control: Ensures the integrity of organization or work unit policies, procedures, and processes.
· Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work achievements or interests associated with them.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work unit or within the organization.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207