Position Summary: Effectively sources leasing prospects and builds/maintains positive relationships with current tenants in order to achieve sales/leasing goals
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Creatively maximizes sales and prospecting opportunities to achieve/exceed revenue goals; continually searches for new revenue streams; leads by example
· Works effectively with VP of SG Leasing to support and mentor leasing team; is considered a competent and responsible resource within the department when acting on behalf of the VP of SG Leasing
· Nurtures and maintains positive relationships with exhibitors and prospects to support and promote loyalty to DMC; maximizes relationships to increase exhibitor retention
· Creatively maximizes budgetary resources; works within budget constraints
· Maintains knowledge and expertise of assigned industry and its trends; works diligently to secure the “best of the best” exhibitors and products for markets
· Other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
· 5-7 years of professional sales experience; previous leasing and/or industry experience preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during markets.
· Ability to travel as necessary/required
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· External Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions, and practices.
· Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
· Management Control: Ensures the integrity of organization or work unit policies, procedures, and processes.
· Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work achievements or interests associated with them.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work unit or within the organization.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).