Position Summary: The Director of Publishing sells advertising space in magazines and directories, on-site sponsorships, web-based advertising and any other advertising vehicles. This person manages correspondence, sales kits, production materials and billing correspondence.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Sells advertising space in the Dallas Market Center publications, on-site sponsorships and all web-based vehicles via phone, broadcast fax, internet and face-to-face meetings with tenants and exhibitors
· Manages print files betweeen client and production company via electornic and written correspondence
· Produces and distributes sales materials and bill rate information
· Proofs advertising materials to meet design and copy standards
· Prepares and approves invoices; helps in collection of payments
· Produces weekly sales reports; responsible for quality control of advertising sales
· Other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
· 5+ years of professional sales experience; advertising sales experience preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
· Ability to provide tangible examples of improving efficiency and increasing profitability
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time during market
· Ability to travel to other markets as needed
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work achievements or interests associated with them.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).