Position Summary: The Director of Publishing sells advertising space in magazines and directories, on-site sponsorships, web-based advertising and any other advertising vehicles. This person manages correspondence, sales kits, production materials and billing correspondence.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Sells advertising space in the Dallas Market Center publications, on-site sponsorships and all web-based vehicles via phone, broadcast fax, internet and face-to-face meetings with tenants and exhibitors
· Manages print files betweeen client and production company via electornic and written correspondence
· Produces and distributes sales materials and bill rate information
· Proofs advertising materials to meet design and copy standards
· Prepares and approves invoices; helps in collection of payments
· Produces weekly sales reports; responsible for quality control of advertising sales
· Other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
· 5+ years of professional sales experience; advertising sales experience preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
· Ability to provide tangible examples of improving efficiency and increasing profitability
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time during market
· Ability to travel to other markets as needed
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work achievements or interests associated with them.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207