Position Summary: Incoming/outgoing calls related to assisting with travel bookings and exhibitor registration.
Sabre experience is mandatory.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Answers incoming calls in the call center relating to air, hotel and registration
· Assist with new registration on line queue as needed
· Works and processes incoming registration mail and faxes
· Works Travel Booths or Registration desk during markets
· Processes New Business Refunds and Forfeits; maintains accurate records as necessary
· Process online hotel bookings
· Process airline ticket exchanges as necessary
· Assist with Temporary Exhibitor travel promotions
· Book and modify hotel reservation in Sabre or hotel links
· Assists with group travel
· After hours travel phone responsibilities assigned in rotation
· Assist with booking Retail Relations and International development incentive packages
· Assist in maintaining the Travel Web page on the DMC website
· Manages and creates all Market Travel Housing forms and Calendars for markets
· Assist with booking the online hotel Queue
· Assist in reconciling hotel commission spreadsheets
· Assist with switch board when necessary
· Work on various telemarketing projects as assigned
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).