Position Summary: Web Designer is involved in the design, development and maintenance of all front-end web, mobile, and digital projects for the Dallas Market Center and its clients. Conceptualize and design websites and interactive user interfaces, create prototypes, user interface specifications, task-flow, and wireframes.
· Ability to develop and implement designs in compressed timelines
· Conceptualize and design websites, internal web applications and interactive user interfaces
· Content creation including video, slide shows, websites, and emails
· Review interactive strategies and recommend and implement improvements
· Involvement in creation of information architecture elements including sitemaps, wireframes, personas, competitive analyses and conceptual models
· Participate in the daily process of interactive design and project development
· Continue to stay current with regard to web design trends, tools and best or emerging practices
· Ensure company needs are properly and efficiently met in given timelines
· Collaborate with Back-End Developers to accomplish shared objectives
· Design visual themes to improve website adoption, usage and analytics
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
· 2-4 years industry experience
· Heavy experience with responsive web design
· Heavy experience with technologies such as HTML, CSS3, jQuery
· Heavy experience working with Bootstrap framework
· Heavy experience with any of the following graphic design tools: Photoshop, Fireworks, InDesign
· Extensive experience with and/or knowledge of information architecture, user interface standards, web navigation, web page layout, cross platform issues, browser and platform compatibility and capability, animation, image compression, size and speed issues
· Experience with ASP.NET preferred
· Knowledgeable in Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing tactics
· General understanding of website analytics
· Some experience with JSON, XML, AJAX desired
· Some experience working with Visual Studio
· GitHub experience a plus
· Experience utilizing CSS Preprocessors such as: LESS or Sass.
· Must be able to sit in an office environment for the majority of each day
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).