Position Summary: Web Designer is involved in the design, development and maintenance of all front-end web, mobile, and digital projects for the Dallas Market Center and its clients. Conceptualize and design websites and interactive user interfaces, create prototypes, user interface specifications, task-flow, and wireframes.
· Ability to develop and implement designs in compressed timelines
· Conceptualize and design websites, internal web applications and interactive user interfaces
· Content creation including video, slide shows, websites, and emails
· Review interactive strategies and recommend and implement improvements
· Involvement in creation of information architecture elements including sitemaps, wireframes, personas, competitive analyses and conceptual models
· Participate in the daily process of interactive design and project development
· Continue to stay current with regard to web design trends, tools and best or emerging practices
· Ensure company needs are properly and efficiently met in given timelines
· Collaborate with Back-End Developers to accomplish shared objectives
· Design visual themes to improve website adoption, usage and analytics
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
· 2-4 years industry experience
· Heavy experience with responsive web design
· Heavy experience with technologies such as HTML, CSS3, jQuery
· Heavy experience working with Bootstrap framework
· Heavy experience with any of the following graphic design tools: Photoshop, Fireworks, InDesign
· Extensive experience with and/or knowledge of information architecture, user interface standards, web navigation, web page layout, cross platform issues, browser and platform compatibility and capability, animation, image compression, size and speed issues
· Experience with ASP.NET preferred
· Knowledgeable in Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing tactics
· General understanding of website analytics
· Some experience with JSON, XML, AJAX desired
· Some experience working with Visual Studio
· GitHub experience a plus
· Experience utilizing CSS Preprocessors such as: LESS or Sass.
· Must be able to sit in an office environment for the majority of each day
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207