Position Summary: Assist in providing set-up for all DMC Complex functions, banquets, markets, special events and move jobs
· Executes all set-up and tear down of market, meeting room, catering and other special events, both on and off-campus; ensure each item is completed
· Move tenant showrooms and other jobs as needed
· Report missing or damaged equipment to supervisor
· Must be able to move fragile and heavy items in a safe, effective manner; ensure desks and other equipment are stored in a manner that will not cause damage
· Must maintain a stock of blankets, and packing supplies; notify management when supplies are low
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Should be detail oriented with particular attention to visual presentation
· Must be flexible with work schedule and be willing to work some nights and weekends
· Must be customer oriented and be able to provide the highest level of customer service
· Must have a valid Texas Drivers License and be able to meet Company Driver Requirements
· Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Word
· Walk, stand, and lift for vast majority of shift
· Able to lift up to 75 lbs
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207