Position Summary: Responsible for the strategic management of all leasing while maintaining the profitability standards of the company
Position Description (Bolded reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Develop annual sales plan for industry(ies) by setting budget and achieving revenue and net income goals
· Manage staff of assigned categories to achieve budgeted goals
· Work with other Leasing Directors to achieve TEAM goals
· Develop and maintain strategic prospecting initiatives to achieve budgeted goals
· Act as a conduit to facilitate the transition of successful exhibitors into permanent showrooms
· Represent DMC to the industry in a professional, confident manner to protect and impact our reputation
· Develop travel plans and attend competitive trade shows to target prospects and maintain relationships with exhibitor and manufacturer principals
· Work closely with operations, exhibitor services, and lease administration on all issues and activities related to leasing assigned industry(ies) at the DMC; communication and flexibility are key to establishing a solid working relationship between different service departments
· Interact on a regular basis with marketing to brainstorm the industry(ies), identify new trends, and create opportunities for growth; provide input on sales support, where applicable, and create awareness for softening segments where revenue is at risk
· Identify category intensifications or introductions with an accompanying strategy for success
· Effectively plan time of telemarketers to maximize results and meet TEAM goals
· Assist, as needed, on special projects and assignments as identified by VP of Trade Shows
· Serve as the contact person for leasing inquiries for assigned industry(ies)
· Other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field preferred
· 5-7 years of previous sales experience; leasing and/or industry experience preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Trade Show experience (exhibitor, buyer, leasing director)
· Office environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market environment – Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time during markets
· Must be available to travel as needed
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· External Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions, and practices.
· Financial Management and Responsibility: Prepares, justifies, and defends the work-unit budget required to achieve unit objectives; monitors profits and expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibility.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Influencing: Networks with and provides information to key groups and individuals, and uses influence, persuasion, and authority to achieve objectives.
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Negotiation: Works with peers or other organization members to achieve agreement regarding work achievements or interests associated with them.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207