Position Summary: Dallas Market Center seeks an organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented production/traffic manager. The position requires strong time management and project management skills as well as the ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines. You must be a natural project manager with a strong process-orientation and the ability to problem-solve quickly.
Dallas Market Center seeks an organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented production/traffic manager. The position requires strong time management and project management skills as well as the ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines. You must be a natural project manager with a strong process-orientation and the ability to problem-solve quickly.
The production/traffic manager supports various company publications (including fourteen annual tradeshow directories, a twice annual Spark magazine and a quarterly Designers Guide) as well as other marketing projects (promotional materials, etc.).
Duties include creating and managing production schedules; gathering listings, editorial content and advertising from a range of sources; working closely with the internal team and outside partners; and fulfilling pre-press and post-press needs.
· Work with staff to set, track deadlines and produce quality products
· Distribute and maintain necessary planning and tracking documents
· Manage and enforce deadlines including all listings, ads, and editorial content
· Manage process of materials collection, including tracking for advertising
· Traffic all sections, stories, and layouts internally
· Input copy edits to layouts as needed
· Upload content to printers or publication partners
· Work with production, oversee pathway to print publication and web version
· Process vendor invoices and fiscal documents as needed
· Daily check-ins with stakeholders from marketing, leasing and ad sales on materials needed and production status
· Proofread and ensure adherence to approved branding and editorial standards
· Maintain and organize photos, documents and folders
· Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent professional experience
· 3+ years of experience in publishing or project management. Experience at a publication or agency preferred
· Proven project management and print production skills
· Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail required
· Excellent communication and follow up skills necessary
· Experience managing vendors
· Knowledge of graphic design and editing
· Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
· Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel
· Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift.
· Market Environment – Duties are more strenuous and requite light lifting, moving and a significant amount of walking.
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207