Position Summary: The Director of Content is responsible for leading the marketing content strategy from ideation to execution across multiple industries (apparel, design, lighting, home and gift) to drive buyer engagement and attendance at Dallas Market Center markets and trade events. This position works closely with internal stakeholders, including marketing, events, creative, exhibitors, as well as external agencies and freelancers.
In this role you will:
· Direct content for digital platforms including web, email and social media as well as select print channels
· Create unique, engaging, and shareable content across all communication channels
· Interpret metrics related to content performance and adjust strategy accordingly
· Innovate and experiment with new forms of storytelling, production, and distribution in collaboration with creative and other marketing team members
· Develop our brand voice in content, ensuring consistency and quality across all mediums
· Develop content ideas and contribute articles, letters and other content to Dallas Market Center newsletters and magazines
· Build and manage calendars, timelines, and scope to ensure that all content is delivered on-schedule
· Tap into internal and external subject matter experts to develop relevant content
· Support leasing objectives by developing sales-oriented content to drive awareness and leasing activity.
· Attend Dallas Market Center trade events/markets (includes weekends) to build relationships with exhibitors and buyers, and help determine trends across categories
· Serve as a mentor to two Content Coordinators
· 2 Content Coordinators
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Content Development, or related field.
· 7+ years content strategy and development experience
· Excellent creative writing (“copy”) and proofreading skills
· Self-starter able to work independently and in coordination with a team
· Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through.
· Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
· Experience interviewing and writing short and long-form articles
· Demonstrated ability to mentor a team to achieve a high level of storytelling and craftsmanship
· Able to juggle multiple projects with quick deadlines
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Knowledge of gift, home décor and/or fashion industries a plus
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207