Date Posted: 12/15/2016
Position Summary: Delivers all inbound and outbound freight and assists customers with sample transportation needs.
- Safely and efficiently loads and unloads large trailers of freight
- Interfaces effectively with building tenants and customers
- Coordinates outbound and inbound deliveries
- Assists with directing of traffic to maximize dock efficiency and safety
- Directs temporary and part-time labor effectively
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous loading/unloading and forklift experience preferred
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Word preferred
- Must have a valid Texas Drivers License and be able to meet Company driver requirements
- Walk, stand, and lift for vast majority of work shift
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Ability to work in all weather elements
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).