Vice President Trade Shows
Department: Tradeshow Leasing
Date Posted: 3/10/2017
Position Summary: The Vice President of Trade Shows is responsible for the strategic management of Trade Shows and show-by-show sales goals to maintain the profitability of the company.
- Develop annual sales plan for all categories by setting expense budget and tracking revenue goals
- Work closely with the operations team to evaluate improvements and changes that meet NOI goals
- Manage staff in all categories and evaluate responsibilities to drive sales and maximize opportunities
- Develop and maintain prospecting initiatives to build the pipeline, convert warm prospects, and maintain relationships with customers
- Attend and prospect other shows with and without the leasing team
- Represent DMC to the industry in a professional, confident manner to protect and impact our reputation
- Motivate the sales team to drive performance with incentives, contests and rewards/recognition
- Work closely with operations, exhibitor services, customer relations, and lease administration on all issues and activities related to Trade Shows; exercise good judgment with communication and flexibility to develop solid working relationships between different service departments
- Interact on a regular basis with marketing to brainstorm the categories, identify new trends, and create opportunities for growth; provide input on sales support, where applicable, and create awareness for softening segments where revenue is at risk
- Identify new categories on a regular basis to take advantage of trends and integrate into Trade Show offerings
- Explore new shows or industries outside our core wholesale base as new business opportunities
- Assist, as needed, on special projects and assignments as identified by EVP of Leasing
- Other related duties as assigned
- Leasing Directors
- Leasing Administrative Assistant
- Sales Coordinators
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- 7-10 years in sales leadership roles
- Must be able to provide tangible examples of establishing operational and organizational procedures, structuring process, improving efficiency, and increasing profitability
- Proven track record of providing exceptional customer experience and service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Extensive experience in retail and/or wholesale, brand loyalty, and customer loyalty
- Experience managing Trade Shows and prospecting/new business a must
- Office Environment - Ability to sit at desk for vast majority of work shift
- Market Environment - Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time during markets
- Must be available to travel as needed
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Leadership: Identifies and adapts to leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work-unit.
- Management Control: Ensures the integrity of organization or work-unit policies, procedures and processes.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Staffing/Performance Management: Evaluates staffing needs and effectively manages the ongoing performance of all staff assigned to the work-unit. Communicates regularly and effectively with staff regarding expectations and performance outcomes. Ensure staffing levels are adequate for the work-unit.
- Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work-unit or within the organization.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
- Vision: Develops and implements the use of a strategic vision of the organization in the future.