Protective Services Security Officer - 2nd Shift
Department: Protective Services
Date Posted: 3/10/2017
Position Summary: Ensure the safety and protection of all people and assets on DMC property.
- Effectively ensures the safety and protection of DMC, its employees, exhibitors, buyers and their accompanying assets; responds to emergency situations and provides First Aid, CPR and/or AED to injured or ill persons as needed
- Effectively ensures the integrity and safety of showrooms and company facilities; patrols company property on foot or in security vehicle to discourage criminal activity and enforce parking regulations
- Ensures adequate authorization of all individuals on DMC premises, including dock areas; challenges and addresses non-badged individuals accordingly
- Prepares accurate and thorough documentation of all accidents and incidents that occur on DMC campus
- Reconfigures parking lots as necessary using traffic equipment and signage for special events and markets; provides vehicular traffic control in an efficient and courteous manner
- Performs Dispatch duties which include, but are not limited to, processing of keys; monitoring CCTV, access control systems and fire panels; answering phone calls and monitoring news/weather/law enforcement scanner
- Perform World Trade Center Front Desk duties as outlined in the Protective Services Standard Operating Procedures
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of customer service, security, or military experience
- Moderate proficiency with computer programs
- TX Driver's license with minimal accidents and/or traffic violations
- Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed as a commissioned security officer in accordance with the Texas DPS Private Security Bureau
- Walk, sit or stand for majority of shift
- Ability to stand for extended periods in diverse weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to read computer monitors and hear audible alarms and 2-way radio communications
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).