Trade Show & AutoCAD Coordinator
Department: Administrative Services
Date Posted: 4/17/2017
Position Summary: Provides EXPOCAD support to the Temporary Leasing Team. Provides AutoCAD support/backup to the Architectural Drafter and other departments. Provides support to the Special Event & Trade Show Manager and the Vice President of Administrative Services.
- Provides EXPOCAD support to the Temporary Leasing Team, to include floor design, layout, technical support for leasing, floor plan updates and ensures all building/fire codes are observed
- Assists the Architectrual Drafter with special projects using AutoCAD; provides Administrative Services, Leasing, and Special Events with scale drawings/layouts
- Under the supervision of the Trade Show Manager, coordinates meeting room assignments to include speaking with the customer, assigning rooms, executing contracts, processing payment, checking rooms for proper set and post-use check of space
- Maintains current signage inventory; assists with tracking of signage orders to include spreadsheet input, communicating with associates and GES; helps ensure signs are delivered, placed and picked up
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files as requested
- Supports markets assisting as necessary and/or requested
- Coordinates tenant storage to include sending contracts, assigning space, checking rooms, meeting with customers and ensuring rooms are vacated at the end of the contracted period; maintains the list of used and available storage rooms; maintains a database of storage room floor plans
- Assists with Exhibitor kit production
- Using Oracle, inputs contracts for Dillard's and market events
- Assists Exhibitor Relations with floor checks, signage inspections/assistance
- Other related duties as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Drafting Technology or related experience in AutoCAD and Trade Show Operations
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Oracle, Skipjack, and EXOPOCAD experience a plus
- Office Environment - Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
- Market Activities/Daily Events - Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resources Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).