Date Posted: 4/20/2017
Position Summary: Manages Building Services staff to ensure timely completion of work orders and overall cleanliness of the property.
- Ensures all departmental work orders are completed in an efficient and timely manner
- Works effectively with Facility Services Technicians on keeping public space routinely cleaned
- Administers distribution of janitorial supplies and equipment to market temporary staff
- Assists with proper training of new associates
- Assists the Building Services Manager as necessary
- Other related duties as assigned
- Facility Services Technicians I and II (2nd Shift)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous custodial experience
- Walk and stand for vast majority of shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work-unit.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).