Ready to join a fun and dynamic sales team? Barbour wholesale teams deliver the highest quality, best-in-class sales expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America. Hone your skills for building and maintaining a thriving business with solid growth potential for top performers. If you are organized, outgoing and eager to learn and grow… We are holding a spot for you.
ROLE GENERAL FUNCTION: Business Development & Territory Growth
The Junior Account Manager – Will be responsible for achieving sales and priority goals of the Barbour Independent Retailer Channel. This will be achieved by developing the business potential in the assigned territory and driving the Barbour brand awareness and penetration in the field. The Junior Account Manager will be critical in optimizing Barbour’s points of distribution while also providing top tier customer relationship management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports to and works closely with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) in achieving top line growth and financial targets through Barbour sales and brand strategies.
• Responsible for managing and achieving territory goals: sales bookings, profitability, T&E, returns, cancellations, reorders, prospecting, etc. within assigned regional territory.
• Prepares for consistent communication with the RSM on periodic calls and other strategy meetings to develop & align on Barbour brand priorities, field strategy, commercial/sales & profitability tactics.
• Acts as a Brand Ambassador in providing feedback from the covered region on product assortment needs, effective brand strategies, essential marketing materials & commercial programs.
• Owns and supports maximizing broader Barbour portfolio of categories in territory, i.e. Men’s, Ladies, Kids, Accessories, Footwear, etc.
• Provides support showrooms and attends local trade and industry events.
• US travel required within assigned region up to 40% of time (can be inclusive of several overnights).
• University degree in Sales/Business or similar a preference.
• Minimum 2+ years sales experience, specific to apparel industry a plus.
• Preference to those with Independent Account & Specialty Store experience.
• Highly motivated, organized and results driven.
• Effective interpersonal, communication, presentation skills.
• Ability to quickly generate and initiate creative solutions to problems as they arise.
• Confident & comfortable conveying information and strategies to large groups of people.
• Ability, willingness, and flexibility to travel as needed and required.
**The Job Description is a sampling of roles and responsibilities and not all encompassing.