Reports To: Vice President of Sales
FLSA Status: Full Time / Exempt
Date Prepared: December 2023
Who We Are
As a family-owned company, PALECEK values integrity, loyalty, and strong partnerships. We are driven to improve, innovate, and inspire. We bring our personal best to every aspect of our business, from our design and craft to our internal teamwork and customer service. We are passionate about creativity and believe that beautiful spaces enhance the quality of life.
Palecek, a leading name in luxury home furnishings for the residential and hospitality industries, seeks a dynamic and goal-oriented National Lighting Sales Manager to oversee and drive the entire spectrum of the Lighting Division.
The core responsibilities of the National Lighting Sales Manager will include co-creating and implementing a robust business strategy for growth and profitability goals. Guide and inspire the National team of independent sales representatives to surpass sales targets. Building and nurturing lighting showroom relationships will be crucial to your success.
Additionally, your role will extend to strategically growing the brand's profitability to meet overarching corporate objectives. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of the lighting market, industry regulations, and product advancements to identify market trends, capitalize on business opportunities, and ensure a sustainable and profitable growth trajectory for Palecek.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the ideal candidate will bring an in-depth understanding of the lighting industry, coupled with insights into propelling business growth. You should possess a keen awareness of Palecek's capabilities and competencies. Demonstrating superior sales and leadership skills, you will play a pivotal role in communicating expectations to customers, ensuring a seamless experience, and reinforcing Palecek's commitment to excellence.
• Develop, secure consensus for, and implement the annual business strategy for Palecek's lighting division, encompassing sales and marketing budgets. Contribute innovative sales strategies to be implemented across the sales organization.
• Strategically plan and oversee Palecek's Lighting sales policies, objectives, and initiatives. Execute the sales plan to meet revenue, profit, and growth targets. Oversee all facets of the Lighting sales function, including inside sales, outside sales, and customer service teams.
• Lead, coach, and motivate the Independent Lighting representatives to optimize brand market share, sales territories, and profitability.
• Lead and manage Lighting trade shows, meet-and-greets, and other industry events to establish new relationships and stay abreast of industry innovations, trends, opportunities, and information.
• Operate within approved sales, budget, and business plans; obtain written corporate approval for any expenses, agreements, or commitments outside the approved plans.
• Cultivate cross-functional relationships, teamwork, and synergies with corporate sales, showrooms, customer service, merchandising, marketing, product development, overseas office, and operations teams to achieve strategic alignment.
• Present quarterly business and territory results to management, providing insights, corrective actions, and strategic recommendations
• Offer input for new business opportunities and contribute to the development of new product and product strategies
• Assist in maximizing the company's operating performance to achieve financial goals
• Stay informed about competitors, expansion opportunities, customers, markets, and new industry developments.
• Perform any other duties as assigned
• Northern California Candidate preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in the Lighting industry, showcasing a strong track record of building and maintaining business relationships with major clients and management companies to drive divisional growth
• Bachelor’s degree in business management or other related field
• In-depth knowledge of lighting technology and market dynamics
• Clearly demonstrate strong business acumen, critical and strategic thinking, sound decision-making, and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals
• Ability to act with integrity, empathy, professionalism, and confidentiality
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with culturally diverse staff and populations
• Willingness to travel up to 30-40% of the time
• Must be comfortable working flexible hours including late afternoons or nights during trade shows and external events
• Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities
Pay & Benefits
• Pay range: $120,000-$130,000 + Applicable Bonus
• Target Incentive Bonus Opportunity
• Competitive Paid Time Off
• A flexible health plan offering medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Profit Sharing Benefits
• Generous Employee Discount
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org