Retail Development Manager
Department: Retail Development
Position Summary: The Retail Development Manager is primarily focused on the Apparel industry and is responsible for assisting in program development, implementing and executing a variety of department initiatives, and maintaining databases of prospective and existing clients within UNITY, generating prospect leads, and coordinating special buyer incentives. This position independently manages and maintains the Retailer Incentives budget for Men’s, Children’s, and the Star Buyer program as well as the catering budget for all HG/SG Buyer’s Lounges during each market. The manager position provides continued support to the VP of Apparel Retail Development and the retail development department as needed.
- Recruit and secure quality buyer attendance through various departmental programs (i.e. exhibitor partnerships, strategic travel incentives, store visits and telemarketing)
- Build relationships with permanent and temporary exhibitors to identify prospects and VIP stores
- Maintain ongoing, open communications with tenants to enhance company programs
- Develop relationships with retailers via phone, email and other communication to build awareness and loyalty to Dallas Market Center
- Conduct the Market Orientation walking tours during market.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive customer database including loyal buyers, territory-based buyers and strategic prospects
- Maintain an understanding on which stores have the biggest impact on Market
- Initiate new programs to support leasing goals in market segments or new business development
- Understand revenue goals and effectively maximize budgets
- Partner with all departments to reach goals; communicate and share relevant information
- Database management- maintains/update database of prospective and VIP retailers in UNITY
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- 2-4 Years retail, buying, or wholesale service experience required; some marketing experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Adobe
- Required to learn, apply, and extensively use Proprietary Systems: UNITY
- Must be able to sit in an office environment for the majority of the day
- Market environment – Ability to walk and stand for extended periods during market time.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).