Help Desk Technician
Department: Information Technology
Dallas Market Center is looking for a Help Desk Technician to join our team! This position provides technical advice and support to system users and works as part of a Help Desk team to install, modify, and make repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems. This position will involve desktop troubleshooting, as well as assisting in server and network support. This position is very hands-on and requires a willingness to work as part of a cohesive team. All team members are expected to keep abreast of the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Assists in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources
- Assists in the documentation and implementation of various systems including desktop PCs, network equipment, and software applications
- Assists in PC, server, and network-related security procedures, testing, and validation
- Monitors and maintains the use and connectivity of printers and print servers
- Assists with desktop PCs and server antivirus systems and updates
- Assists with maintenance and support of digital signage and audio solutions
- Assists with deployment, maintenance, and support of VoIP phones
- Provides desktop management including images, hardware, and software
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots PC software
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots hardware failures, replacing failed hardware as needed
- Loads appropriate software packages, such as operating systems and office applications
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements
- Provides telephone, in-person, and online support to end users
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager and/or users via voicemail, email, or in-person communication
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience with the duties/responsibilities indicated herein
- Excellent PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills, including installation and support of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Strong proficiency in installation and support of all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with iPhone/iPad/Android devices including iOS and Android OS
- Excellent organizational, documentation, and communication skills
- Ability to sit in an office environment for most of each day
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods during market
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise, and easily understood.
- Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer and acts accordingly.
- Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems, or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques to improve one's own performance proactively and continuously. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Systems/Technology: Manages the use of technologies in the context of achieving work-unit or organization objectives. Understands systems and technologies, including their interrelationships and impacts, and appropriately applies that understanding to advance the achievement of work-unit or organization objectives. Demonstrates technical proficiency and comprehends its impact upon work unit responsibility.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).