Department: Accounting and Finance
Dallas Market Center is seeking a well-organized, and detail-oriented Market Travel Coordinator to join our team! You will monitor travel activities and programs, including parking, and will be the “go-to” person for market booking issues. You must be a strategic thinker with excellent people skills and a high level of professionalism.
Oversee the relationship with the outside housing company as the main point of contact. Responsible for DMC corporate travel logistics for DMC associates as well as VIP guests. Maintain close business partnerships with Visit Dallas, Airlines, Area Hotels, and Ground transportation agencies to effectively secure quality travel services for DMC Market Events.
Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients by responding to inquiries/requests and resolving issues. Work with the housing partner to negotiate, secure, and manage hotel contracts as well as room inventory for up to 20,000+ room nights per Major Market Event. Reconcile departmental credit card statement monthly ensuring all billing is accurate.
Support the Retail Development department by providing efficient and proactive assistance in managing travel blocks, onsite retailer parking & valet coupons, ordering food & beverage, signage for meetings and customer service for the meetings.
- Maintain relationship between Travel Management Company, airlines, transportation vendors and Visit Dallas
- Utilize Apollo GDS system, Cvent, and Passkey travel systems for booking of hotel rooms and reporting
- Research and book corporate travel arrangements for executives and associates as needed. (Pricing, ensuring best practices and cost saving are observed). Making sure that all Corporate Travel Policy guidelines are being met
- Negotiate limited or GDS transient rates and market event group blocks with local hotels
- Code and reconcile monthly American Express bills by working with accounting and buyer delivery group
- Work with buyer delivery to prioritize requests and ensure that all available hotel group block space inventory is being utilized
- Proactive in booking blocks for market and the Retail Development department
- Maintain and provide the Comp/Staff/ Upgrade concessions list
- Prepare weekly updates on hotel pick up for future markets
- Maintain hotel contracts
- Research any new hotels properties for future utilization
- Maintain airline group contract meeting fares for DMC Events
- Work with departments to book VIP speaker travel arrangements as well as group blocks
- Address and resolve any customer service issues or problems
- Update and ensure DMC Website market event calendar with the TMC, connections housing event booking links (“Book now” tab) list correct and current content
- Manage onsite market time parking from valet coupons to retailer parking passes for the Retail Development department
- Provides efficient and accurate administrative support to Retail Development team
- Prepares Lounges for markets including food & beverage orders
- Assists with planning of meetings by ordering signage, food & beverage, and customer service when meetings are taking place
- High School Diploma
- 2-5 year Travel Agent and/or Hotel Experience
- Proficient with travel booking systems a plus
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise, and easily understood.
- Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of a customer and client.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems, or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Problem Solving: Recognize and define problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions and plans to solve those problems.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).