Director of Marketing
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Dallas Market Center is seeking a highly strategic Director of Marketing focused on the Gift and Home industries. This role will be responsible for owning the strategy and execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns to bring retail store owners to Market. We are looking for a data-driven and resourceful marketer who can jump in and take ownership of all aspects of Gift and Home marketing programs with touchpoints throughout the consumer journey. This person will lead the charge with getting markets executed, setting strategic goals and objectives, driving customer segmentation, crafting compelling messaging and campaigns, and then activating with channel plans and detailed content calendars. This role will implement data-driven testing frameworks to measure business impact, turning insight into action with an agile test and learn mindset.
We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture, motivating their teammates as well as building bridges across the organization. This is a work in the office position.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic marketing plans and programs to drive traffic to markets/trade shows and support sales and revenue objectives by individual industry.
- Partner with the full marketing team to identify methods of leveraging customer data to develop campaigns/journeys that will welcome new buyers to market as well as drive return registration to markets.
- Lead the end-to-end email marketing strategy – oversee the planning, creation, and execution of email campaigns to drive key metrics, including conversions, engagement, and market registrations. Build automated journeys to move prospects, loyal and lapsed buyers along the customer journey, as well as be responsible for managing email segmentation, technology implementations, and email delivery efforts.
- Spearhead the customer loyalty program to drive attendance and increase customer lifetime value. Develop a detailed marketing roadmap to encourage brand engagement via various programs, campaigns, and similar initiatives that boost customer retention. maintain loyalty with our buyers who attend market most frequently, our VIPs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (Leasing, Retail Development) to support program initiatives and ensure integration.
- Direct internal resources (creative, PR, operations, digital) to deliver the marketing plan to support key objectives.
- Oversee development and production of marketing materials and content (signage, print collateral, web, email).
- Assist with ideation and asset gathering related to bi-annual Spark magazine editions.
- Measure impact of marketing initiatives and develop strategies to address key learnings.
- Adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Manage marketing budget.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field preferred
- 8-12 years of progressive marketing experience across a variety of channels; B2B marketing experience preferred.
- Self-starter, assertive, go-getter with high energy and desire to drive the business.
- Team management experience required. Strong leadership, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work with many different personality types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to lead and influence others.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Knowledge of wholesale buying industry preferred.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices preferred. HubSpot experience a strong plus.
- Must be able to sit in an office environment for most of each day.
- Light weekend work could be possible at times during markets, minimal travel on occasion.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise, and easily understood.
- Collaboration: Comfortable working in a team environment, where members are encouraged to be creative and bring their best ideas to the table. Team members’ experiences and backgrounds are celebrated, and open idea flow is encouraged. A bridge builder who can create alliances across multiple departments.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions and plans to solve those problems.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).