Director of Business Development - Interior Design
Department: Retail Development
Dallas Market Center is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team!
The Director of Business Development is the Dallas Market Center’s ambassador to the interior design community in Texas and beyond. You will represent and promote the Dallas Market Center, its tenants, and events at design events, trade shows, conferences, meetings, and more. Your goal will be to drive daily traffic of designers, builders, and architects to the Dallas Market Center.
This role is a mix of strategy, execution, and networking – you will own or touch every aspect of DMC’s outreach to the design community. It requires someone with strong interpersonal skills and the ability/desire to make connections with a broad group of people. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, but also strong attention to detail. The right person for the role will be able to work cross-functionally to get things done. A passion for interior design and home décor is a plus.
This is an in-office position, but also requires attending events after-hours, some travel, and some weekend work for markets.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Dallas Market Center to the Design community in Dallas and beyond
- Strategize, develop, and execute programs to grow designer traffic to the Dallas Market Center and our exhibitors on a daily basis
- Develop relationships with Interior Designers (residential, commercial/contract, hospitality) to build awareness and loyalty to Dallas Market Center
- Drive the marketing and content strategy for the interior design market; work with various members of marketing team to ensure follow-through and success
- Direct content and visuals for design newsletters, Designers Guide publication, social media, email campaigns, articles, letters, website, video
- Work cross-functionally to conceptualize and execute programming and events
- Deliver remarks at meetings, events, and conferences. Write speeches and build presentations to support speaking events
- Conduct training & tours
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive customer database of Designer relationships
- Manage and stay within budget
- Keep track of association membership including dues, sponsorships etc. Leverage membership to the benefit of the overall business
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 5 years of Business Development/Sales/Marketing experience, and/or Home/Design experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, verbal, and written skills
- Office Environment – Ability to sit for majority of work shift
- Market Environment – Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise, and easily understood.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- External Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions, and practices.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems, or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).