Events and Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Dallas Market Center (DMC) is in search of an organized, independent, and energetic Events Manager to join its marketing team. This person will report directly to the Events Director and will assist in achieving company objectives through the planning and production of special events including, but not limited to: parties, awards shows, hospitalities, and educational seminars and programming. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a creative mind, strong organizational skills, and a natural sense of hospitality, and will exhibit exemplary customer service and superb communications skills.
- What can you expect? To manage dynamic events and programming within Apparel & Accessories, Home, Gift, Lighting and Design trade events that aim to deliver a superior customer experience and increase customer engagement and retention. Some weekend and evening work required during specific events/markets (as needed).
- What do we expect? A creative, yet organized, person with strong communication skills, disciplined attention to detail, and an ability to think strategically and on your feet in a fast-paced environment. This position will demand exceptional organization, fiscal planning, and project management skills. We are looking for someone that enjoys planning as much as they enjoy the party and is ready to go above and beyond to make an impactful event with positive results.
- The bottom line? You are joining a great team of creative minds and fun people that work hard to create exciting and impactful market experiences that help move the business needle.
- Helps the Events Director plan and produce a high volume of on-site market hospitalities, special events, fashion shows, educational programming, etc. in the Apparel & Accessories, Home, Gift, Lighting and Design industries during trade events throughout the year.
- Generates creative ideas and solutions in the interest of continuous improvement.
- Acts as department logistics liaison; gathers details needed from speakers, vendors, and exhibitors for contracts, invoicing, travel, operations setup, and event listings.
- Works collaboratively with contracted fashion show producer ensuring timeliness, consistency, and efficiency, as well as fiscal responsibilities.
- Ensures signage, catering, event promotion, website/app event listings, accounting needs, and operational setup etc. are met for market production.
- Manages and maintains thorough event budgets and spreadsheets for each market.
- Tracks and reviews projects to ensure they are executed with excellence, on time and within budget; Communicates with stakeholders on project status, issues, and risks.
- Provides on-site leadership for events, including help with event set-up, execution, and tear-down.
- Organizes and maintains event décor inventory.
- Some creative, hands-on work for photo-ops, activations, and displays.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Fashion Merchandising, Event Panning or related field
- 4-6 years of experience Event Planning and/or Production.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must. Microsoft Teams and Adobe Creative Suite are a plus.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with impressive attention to detail.
- A natural host/hostess.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of creativity, eye for design, and an outgoing personality.
- Extraordinary problem solver and highly resourceful.
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Must be open and curious in nature, flexible and willing to assist the team however needed.
- Command of a budget and developing quotes.
- Office Environment – Ability to sit during office days.
- Market Environment – Lifting, moving, pushing carts, and a significant amount of walking, as well as extended work hours.
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Creative Thinking: Develops insights into problems or creates a work environment that encourages innovative thinking and “outside-the-box” solutions to problems.
- Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Industry Awareness: Becomes and remains informed of external trends, interests, and issues with potential impacts on internal organization policies, procedures, operations, positions, and practices.
- Organization: Can marshal resources to get things done; Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; Uses resources effectively and efficiently; Arranges information in a useful manner.
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; Challenges others to identify alternative solutions and plans to solve those problems.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems, or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques to improve one’s performance proactively and continuously. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Ability to anticipate needs, discern priorities and effectively use the time available to complete work tasks and activities (in a fast-paced, high-volume environment) that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives.
- Leadership: As much of a leader as they are a doer. Ability to organize and manage a project from beginning to end by working collaboratively with industry partners, both externally and internally.